*** SOLD ***
This build started off as a stock low hours Riot purchased from the original owner in the summer of 2012. It was completely torn down in November 2013 to start the transformation.
The goal of the build was to transform the looks and the performance of the car and to do that, the following changes were made……………
- The car was completely torn down and the chassis changes were started. The whole top halo was changed out to lower the center of gravity and improve the looks as well as added mounting positions for radiator, oil cooler, intercooler, light bar, and rear view mirror. The radiator and oil cooler were moved to the rear of the car in order to improve front end design and take weight off the front of the car. The whole front end was removed and extended forward 4 inches to increase wheelbase for an improved ride and to facilitate taller tires without body rub. The front end was redesigned with no radiator and a light weight front bumper was created. All the side bars of the chassis were removed and replaced with a design allowing for a new sheet metal body. 1.5” .095 race cage material was used for all changes and everything was TIG welded. Originally the Riot only weighs 985 pounds, but I am going to assume it is less now.
- Steering modifications were done to improve the steering effort in which extra universal joints were added to reduce binding and a HOWE steering quickener was installed in the chassis (turned around backwards) to improve the mechanical advantage of the steering. The final steering ratio is still a fairly quick 2.25 turns (lock to lock) with a MUCH improved steering effort.
- All the bearings and pivot points were inspected and cleaned (nothing was wrong with anything) and the complete chassis was re-assembled with a custom selection of all new grade 8 hardware. Every nut and bolt was replaced and sized by shank length in order for the shank to extend through every mounting tab.
ENGINE & TURBO
- Weber Motors, 749cc, liquidcooled, 4-cycle, parallel twin cylinder, SOHC, 72 hp stock.
The motor had fairly low hrs and was completely tore down and inspected per the manual and as expected, everything was within tolerance and looked great. Everything was cleaned and the bottom end was re-assembled with all the new gaskets and seals along with new lower compression OEM turbo pistons and rings. The cylinder head was cleaned and inspected and the exhaust valves were changed out with OEM replacement turbo valves and all the valve clearances (intake and exhaust) were re- shimmed with OEM shims to nominal (middle) tolerance. A new OEM timing chain and link was installed along with a new OEM head gasket. The ECU was replaced with a OEM factory offroad turbo ECU, the fuel pump was replaced, the injectors were replaced with OEM turbo injectors, and the MAP sensor was replaced with an OEM turbo sensor. A used watercraft intake was sourced as well as a used OEM snowmobile turbo assembly. A new bearing and seal kit was installed in the turbo assy and it was found to be in very good condition (no blade or housing contact ever). Supporting brackets were fabricated to brace the intake and turbo assy to the block. The throttle body and ECU was sent to weberpower for calibration. This engine with the aftermarket turbo produces between 130-140hp.
- An all new stainless exhaust was built using stainless tubing and a stainless flowmaster HP2 (long) muffler that will never need re-packing. The OEM factory turbo exit tube was used with a factory O2 sensor location.
- Full gauges were installed….fuel, tachometer, boost, water temp, oil pressure, and a quality AFR (air/fuel ratio) with new bosch sensor.
- Custom intercooler and piping was fabricated along with a manual boost controller (mounted on the shift lever).
- The radiator has a thermostatically controlled fan and the oil cooler has a cooling fan manually controlled by switch.
- An aluminum body kit was hand fabricated from double side powder coated aluminum designed for race car body applications. Material thickness is .040” and most every panel edge is “hemmed” for strength and durability. The body kit saved weight over the thick heavy plastic body panels and the body and chassis design was modeled after a “sand car” style. The rear “Wing trunk” opens up for storage and has a fire extinguisher in it along with lots of room for spare belt, tools, ect...
- The wiring harness is in very good condition and all wiring changes were soldered and sealed with heat shrink along with plastic covering for protection.
WHEELS & TIRES
- Comes with a brand new set of Hyper Racing sidewinder wheels, 12x6 3+3 (front) and 12x8 3+5 (rear). Mounted to brand new Maxxis Bighorn tires. 26x9x12 (front) 26x11x12 (rear). This set of wheels/tires will run you $1600. The wheels come with a 1 year warranty.
– Comes with huge LED light bar.
WHAT IS ORIGINAL TO THE CAR?
- The super comfy Corbeau seats, belts, hubs, spindles, fuel tank, Brembo brakes, skid plate, radiator (aluminum), oil cooler, Gorilla axles
, and billet steering box are all original and are in very good condition. Keep in mind, this buggy cost $24k new back in 2009.
- The transmission was opened up and inspected during the build and nothing was leaking and everything was in good condition. A slight modification was done inside the case to keep the case from “purging tranny oil” which was a common problem. Now it does not push oil into the oil overflow/breather tank although it has one installed just in case. The tranny was re-sealed and fresh REDLINE “heavy” gear oil was installed.
- A new belt was installed along with an adjustable clutch weight setup.
- Front Suspension - Double A-arm, 10" ELKA coil over shocks w/ adjustable rebound and compression, 18" true travel. Rear Suspension - Swing Arm, 10" ELKA coil over shocks w/ adjustable rebound and compression, 16.5" true travel. The
shocks are the original ELKA shocks in great condition and do not leak and all pivot points are tight.
- Front/Rear Foot activated all wheel hydraulic discs -- Wilwood / Brembo
THE END RESULT
– This buggy is turn key, needs nothing. It is a one of a kind car that is MUCH different than anything else out there in both looks and performance (even any other Riot). The motor/turbo setup, along with the extra wheelbase, steering changes, chassis changes and light weight make this car SUPER fun to drive. There is plenty of head height and lots of leg room in this car. I am 6’2” and 260 and I fit just fine. The car goes fast effortlessly with very little throttle. The motor/turbo/fuel system/electrical system is ALL weber OEM parts designed for a turbo application. The OEM ECU keeps the AFRs right where they need to be and for peace of mind, you have a wide band AFR to watch it constantly. It runs on straight 91 octane pump gas….no high octane/high dollar fuel needed. It is completely reliable. These turbo weber motors were used by Polaris in water craft and snowmobiles and they are right at home in a side by side with a CVT tranny. There are lots of people that know these weber engines and there are parts houses just for them with everything readily available.
THIS BUGGY NEEDS NOTHING. READY TO ROCK, ROLL AND BLAST OFF! EAT RZRS ALIVE! AND BE THE COOLEST LOOKING BUGGY AROUND!
The car comes with a Oklahoma title, a Redline OEM manual, weber engine manual, as well as a full set of engine specific tools for any maintenance and repair work.
I have a tremendous amount of pics... I will add more or just shoot me your email.
My email is [email protected]
PRICE - $15,000 and that includes everything