Riot won't start? - Redline UTV Forums - Redline Riot & Redline Revolt Community
General RIOT Discussion For Discussing the Redline RIOT 2 Seater UTV!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
wessel1
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Anthem AZ
Posts: 18
Riot won't start?

Hey Guys,
I was out romping in my Riot all day and parked it next to the trailer. When I went to put in on after it was setting for a while, it didn't turn over? All the guages came on and lights worked. I checked all of the wires/connectors, fuses, battery and to see if starter was getting juice (it wasn't) and came up empty. What triggers the safety switch on the brake pedal? (can't seem to figure out how it works)? Is there a way to bypass the system and jump start it? I have to cancel a dune trip this weekend if I can't get it started Does anyone have any ideas? THANKS!!!!
Matt
wessel1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:29 AM
 
offroadpro4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 719
Re: Riot won't start?

on the revolt there is a little switch that is deactivated when the brake pedal is pressed. it looks like a little plastic toothpick sticking out, near the top of the pedal. maybe yours got clogged with mud or something . I think you should be able to bypass that switch.

I would check the connections on the rear of your starter button, I once hit those with my leg.... I would bypass those to check that my starter button works..... that's my opinion tough, Im not a tech guy.... make sure you don't blow a fuse...

might want to see what the others say
offroadpro4 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Official Site Vendor
 
Red Rock Powersports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St. George, Utah
Posts: 1,331
Re: Riot won't start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessel1 View Post
Hey Guys,
I was out romping in my Riot all day and parked it next to the trailer. When I went to put in on after it was setting for a while, it didn't turn over? All the guages came on and lights worked. I checked all of the wires/connectors, fuses, battery and to see if starter was getting juice (it wasn't) and came up empty. What triggers the safety switch on the brake pedal? (can't seem to figure out how it works)? Is there a way to bypass the system and jump start it? I have to cancel a dune trip this weekend if I can't get it started Does anyone have any ideas? THANKS!!!!
Matt
Matt,

In the Riots the start safety switch is located in the banjo bolt for the brake line on the master cylinder. It works with the fluid pressure created in the brake system when you step on the pedal. It is possible to unhook it from the harness and bypass it to isolate your switch and see if it starts. Also double check those connections as Jose has mentioned. Call me if you have any questions. (435) 705-9846

Mike

Problems? Questions? Need parts or Repairs? Send us an e-mail, PM, or Call (435) 705-9846

E-mail: [email protected]

Red Rock Powersports, LLC

Utah's Redline Dealer!

Last edited by Red Rock Powersports; 01-04-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Red Rock Powersports is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 04:53 AM
Forum Guard Dog/Moderator
 
Bear Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,254
Re: Riot won't start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadpro4 View Post
on the revolt there is a little switch that is deactivated when the brake pedal is pressed. it looks like a little plastic toothpick sticking out, near the top of the pedal. maybe yours got clogged with mud or something . I think you should be able to bypass that switch.

I would check the connections on the rear of your starter button, I once hit those with my leg.... I would bypass those to check that my starter button works..... that's my opinion tough, Im not a tech guy.... make sure you don't blow a fuse...

might want to see what the others say
Not a tech Guy? You are now
Your right the connections can come loose. Battery, switches, etc.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Bear Foot is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 12:13 PM
 
Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hesperia Ca
Posts: 565
Re: Riot won't start?

check your battery cables too. My Revolt wouldnt start because the negative wire worked a little loose.
Jeff is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
wessel1
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Anthem AZ
Posts: 18
Re: Riot won't start?

I swapped the brake light switch with the safety start switch and it worked perfectly. Bad pressure switch off of the master cylinder. should be easy enough to fix. Thanks for all of your suggestions everybody. If it was going to keep me from going to the dunes, I was just going to jump it from the starter solenoid. Thanks everyone! Time to get ready for some sand to get in places on my body the good Lord never intended sand should be.
Matt
wessel1 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Forum Guard Dog/Moderator
 
Bear Foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,254
Re: Riot won't start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessel1 View Post
I swapped the brake light switch with the safety start switch and it worked perfectly. Bad pressure switch off of the master cylinder. should be easy enough to fix. Thanks for all of your suggestions everybody. If it was going to keep me from going to the dunes, I was just going to jump it from the starter solenoid. Thanks everyone! Time to get ready for some sand to get in places on my body the good Lord never intended sand should be.
Matt
Glad to hear it. Have fun Dune'n!
The Wessel rides again.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Bear Foot is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 01:42 AM
 
offroadpro4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 719
Re: Riot won't start?

nice........... a good weekend saved..... time to go riding
offroadpro4 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Redline UTV Forums - Redline Riot & Redline Revolt Community > General Redline > General RIOT Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Redline UTV Forums - Redline Riot & Redline Revolt Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome