Intake Manifold For Nytro
I have been working on building an actual intake manifold for the Nytro motor. The goal was to eliminate the individual K&N's and be able to move to a UMP or Donaldson air filter. I also wanted to be ready if I ever decide to add a turbo. I am pretty pleased how it is turning out.
I want to through out a kudos to XRMikey as he did the CNC machining on the bottom and end plates for the plenum. His work is outstanding, of course you can see that in his build thread for his 09 XL.
I had an idea in my head about how I was going to cap the plenum but was not sure that it would work. I took 3" 16 gauge Aluminum tube and cut out a section of the tube. What I wanted to do was to keep 180 degrees of the 3" bend and then straighten the rest of the bend to make the flat sides. Well a little heat with a propane torch and a jig that I made and used in a 20 ton press to flatten it worked pretty well.
Here are a few pictures of the manifold. It needs to be welded yet but I think for this extensive of a project I want it to look very nice when completed and I don't trust myself yet on that much aluminum. So I am going to send it out and have it done by someone that welds aluminum on a regular basis.
Here are a few pictures: