I got back from Baja (to watch the Baja500 and do some riding) a week ago. This trip involved about 5 hours of riding (2 hours moving....what can I say....we stop and chat a lot). In total it was about 70 miles of running for the weekend. We also ran into San Felipe and back which was about an 8 mile trek at speeds near 55mph. The trail running was pretty much all sand, a lot of which was at near racing speeds as we were able to find the SCORE San Felipe 250 race course!
In general, the exhaust and programmer worked reall well with no issues. The stickers on the side of the exhaust have just slightly discolored which, according to some on this board, says the exhaust is getting too hot. But for me.....I don't know what too hot means. I was running it at 7500 to 8000 rpm for long periods of time (30 minutes or more). So to only get a little discoloration, I think that is doing good.
As for fuel mileage, I burned about 4.5 gallons during the 5 hour run. That was about 60 miles in total. So I figure, with a 9 gallon tank in the Riot, I should be good for about 110 miles (give or take a few) of hard sand running.....and a solid 120 miles if it is desert with little to no sand. I don't know what it was before the programmer and exhaust.
I will say that the exhaust is pretty loud. When buddy took my rig up to the gas station to get beer and ice, we could hear it all the way there and back.....about a mile away! Without a helmet it is pretty deafening. With a helmet it is completely acceptable.
Power seems to be great and I no longer get any backfiring in any condition.
In general I am very pleased with the setup (programmer and exhaust). I plan to provide more updates on this post as I get more time on the setup. But for now, I am overall very pleased. I do not have an air/fuel meter on the exhaust, so I don't know if I have it tuned perfectly. But for now, it seems to be working well for me.
One thing someone on the board who had one said was that the 4 bolts around the outside perimeter that hold the end cap in place (not the 4 coming straight out the back) came loose and the backend of the exhaust came off and packing came out. In order to not have that happen to mine, I put a large hose clamp around the outside over these screw heads to insure they stay tight and in place. So far so good. Again, I will let you all know how it goes.