Redline UTV Forums - Redline Riot & Redline Revolt Community - View Single Post - Revolt gears look alot like RPM gears
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Red Rock Powersports
Official Site Vendor

Re: Revolt gears look alot like RPM gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nottie View Post
Hello,
Newbie here. Just joined today as I have done research to Nth degree on the Redlines. Looking to buy very soon. The story on the Redline Revolt and Riot Gear box is from TEAM industries out of Minnesota. I have had several conversations with 2 different guys from them. Long story Short Redline had them build the Boxes, but the Boxes are no longer Made!!! All inventory and even the tooling is gone. I asked about having a few dozen made and the last guy I talked to said they had a minimum Order for tooling of 700 Units!! Not sure where to go for parts from here but could be major expense if the Box grenades or can't be rebuilt.
Sorry for the long initial post.
For the last two years the boxes have been built by another vendor here in the states and it isn't Team. Interesting though, because I am a Team dealer and my factory Rep at Team that I deal with never mentioned to me that they built Redline's gear boxes, but if they did it was in the first two years of production. I am going to quiz him about it.

Also, on a side note for those that are interested, I made contact with a vendor here in Utah that sells conveyor belt parts, bearings, chain and Dodge gear boxes that are used to drive conveyor belt systems in our mines. He knows of a company here in Utah that will make spur cut gears which our gear boxes have. I have arranged to send a set of gears up with him out of an older box that I have the next time he is at our mine site. He is going to take the gears to this company the he deals with and see what he can do for us.

Bearings and seals aren't a problem for the older boxes. I have the seals in stock if someone springs a seal leak. A new style box will bolt into an earlier Revolt and it requires and input shaft snap ring and a the new style "D" shift lever on the back of the gearbox. I can get the new style gear boxes.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome