Redline UTV Forums - Redline Riot & Redline Revolt Community - View Single Post - clutch cover removed....why?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 07:06 AM
crazyoldman

Send a message via MSN to crazyoldman
Re: clutch cover removed....why?

I've had many belts come apart and I'm still trying to troubleshoot that problem. I did find an alignment issue which I solved (thanks to SC Revolt), although I have not been out since adjusting it to the shop manual's spec. I'm hoping for more than 100 miles out of my belts.
When I did have belts let go though, they took out an oil lines, neg battery cable, oil tank and tore the cover mounting holes apart. I use the cover because the terrain I run here in Maine dictates it. (no sand dunes here) I am working on a quick mount/release system for my belt cover. It will allow for a belt change with out tools. It's still in the testing phase along with other items for the Revolt.
Also, I knew from snowmobile riding that CVT's do require maintenance. Purchase some Comet dry lube spray and lube those primary clutch weights at their pivot/slide points. I'm not sure about the secondary. I took mine apart and there doesn't seem to be any serious wear on either the helix's or the rollers so I just sprayed a small amount of lube on the ID of each nylon roller. Do not use oil on your clutch. It just attracks dirt and compounds the wear.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome