Redline UTV Forums - Redline Riot & Redline Revolt Community - View Single Post - Trailing Arm Mods and Outboard Rear Brake Conversion
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
mhallman

Trailing Arm Mods and Outboard Rear Brake Conversion

As I am getting ready to install an RPM Gearbox in the Revolt I thought I would share some pictures of the trailing arm strengthening mods and the rear outboard brake conversion.

On the trailing arms I wanted to gusset them for strength and also to weld in a mount for a sway bar at the same time. I had the gussets laser cut out .120 mild steel. I have included a Dropbox file for anyone that wants the cad files to do the same thing. The drawings are in .dxf format and should be able to be directly uploaded for laser cutting. I also included a PDF of the drawing so you can see the pattern. Do not use the PDF for accuracy, for some reason it prints just slightly smaller than the true size of the drawing when it is laser cut from the .dxf file.

Here is the link to the Dropbox File of the drawings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1zjxotgiq...wings.zip?dl=0

Here are a few pictures of the trailing arms after gussets and powder coating. I gusseted both the front and back side of the front and rear ends of the trailing arms. Also installed a reinforcement ring like the XL trailing arms have.

Here are some pictures of the rear outboard brake conversion. I had the caliper brackets laser cut out of 4130 1/8" thick Chromoly. That bracket is also included in the drawing file. Hopefully anybody looking to do the conversion will find that useful.

There is quite a bit of work to convert the rear brakes. I decided to go with billet RZR 800 hubs from Fireball Racing. On the Hubs I ended up having to countersink all of the wheel stud bolts because of the tight clearance on the Wilwood caliper. The caliber was so tight that I had to mill off a little bit of the face to make room for the hub to clear.

For my caliper bracket I had to machine the taper off of the bearing carrier so the bracket could mount flat. All in all it is turning out very nice. Thanks to Klemdotter and XRMikey for good information in some of their posts I was have a head start on how to figure out this conversion!

Marc

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome