Redline UTV Forums - Redline Riot & Redline Revolt Community - View Single Post - Battery not keeping charge. I think i need a new voltage regulator.
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
KaneNorth

Battery not keeping charge. I think i need a new voltage regulator.

Last year I had a small electrical fire from the oily wires at the voltage regulator on my revolt and had to replace the wiring feeding it. I only rode it once after that last year as I got too busy with work during the remainder of the riding season. I noticed the battery wasn't holding a charge at the time, but the battery was old anyways so I had been assuming that was my issue.

I just did a bunch of work to my revolt, new tires (bighorn 2.0s, which are super awesome compared to what I had before by the way) new suspension parts, brakes and the fireball hubs. I took it out for its maiden voyage with all the new parts last night. Near the end of the night I ran into trouble. I was idling my revolt for about ten minutes while taking a break before I shut it off to talk to some other riders that came up to me to chat. When I went to turn it back on it didn't have enough juice to start. Luckily one of them had a battery booster pack on their quad for such an occasion and got me running again. Does the generator not generate enough of a charge when idling or is my regulator likely fried? I don't have any aftermarket lights installed, just running the stock PIAA lights, which I had on when I was idling.

Does anyone have a source on replacement voltage regulators for the revolt? Or could it be something else drawing power?

Last edited by KaneNorth; 06-23-2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Spelling

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome