Redline UTV Forums - Redline Riot & Redline Revolt Community - View Single Post - street legal revolt?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 PM
offroadpro4

Re: street legal revolt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixitfil View Post
My RZR 800 EFI is licensed for the street in SD. I was required to add turn signals, horn, rear view mirrors and a license plate bracket and light. The RZR is equipped from the factory with hi/low beam headlights and tail/stop lights. Polaris makes an international version, sold overseas and I suspect in Canada which has the items which I had to add, but they will not sell them to US dealers and a dealer where I stopped in Central Washington was able to verify the parts exist, but the factory or distributor he contacted would not supply them. I happen to have a Factory Shop Manual and parts are shown on the wiring schematics. So I had to get parts at local parts houses. (also cheaper) As for licensing, all new ATV’s, Motorcycles, Cars, etc come to the dealer with a MSO. The dealer uses it to obtain registration or licensing. Since I purchased mine from a dealer in another state I simply had him provide me with the MSO which I then furnished to SD along with proof that the equipment had been added and Insurance for Registration and License. I also have a windshield, doors and roof although they are not required in SD.
Interesting.. So did the DMV give you car plates or motorcycle plate?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome